The linked Charge of Ervie-Kirkcolm and Leswalt are looking for a new Minister
Our Minister, Rev. Michael Sheppard, has retired after 19 years of service and the linked Charge of Ervie-Kirkcolm linked with Leswalt has been granted a 5-year reviewable tenure.
We are therefore looking for a new Minister who will:
- teach, encourage and inspire us individually and as congregations to build on our strengths and move forward in faith.
- embrace the pastoral care within the congregations and parishes.
- be enthusiastic in helping us to develop new approaches for reaching out to all in the community, particularly the younger generations.
- help us to achieve the aims set by Presbytery to sustain the future well-being of our churches:-
1. That the life of the Congregations exhibits the five purposes of the church, i.e worship, service, discipleship, fellowship and evangelism and that these are in a healthy balance.
2. That our churches have been able to develop and deliver a strategy for establishing links with the local communities, encouraging their involvement in the life of the church and encouraging more community engagement with the life of the church throughout the parish.
3. That a successful focussed programme of Stewardship is in place to encourage the time, talents, money and commitment of members of the congregations in relation to the work of the church.
Worship Services are usually relaxed and a mixture of traditional and the more modern. We are fortunate to have the services of long-time and versatile organist and choir leader, Jane Sloan and we also have other musicians who are able to share some of their talents.
The Sacrament of Holy Communion is celebrated here twice a year - on the last Sunday in April and the first Sunday in November - when we welcome 'all who love or seek the Lord'.